Today saw the second night of the 2016 Daytime Emmys and when the whole thing was over, ABC and CBS tied for the most number of wins with 6 each, taking between them more than half of the total statuettes given out tonight. ABC of course left with top bragging rights as its General Hospital took home Outstanding Drama, while CBS added tonight’s to the 11 awards it won Friday evening. But naturally, the biggest point of discussion during the ceremony was the fact that Live with Kelly and Michael stars Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan took home a joint win for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host just a week after being at the center of serious drama surrounding Strahan’s move to Good Morning America. Neither were on hand to accept the award of course, but Dr. Oz, who presented the award, accepted on their behalf and joked that they’d share custody.
The Beverly Center, Southern California’s premier fashion destination, actress Jaime King, actor Jack Falahee (How To Get Away With Murder), Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Taubman Centers, Inc. Chairman and CEO Robert Taubman, Taubman Centers, Inc. Chief Operating Officer William Taubman, Architect Massimiliano Fuksas, DJ Michelle Pesce, and others celebrated the Future of Fashion and the Iconic Beverly Center, which the Beverly Center unveiled the vision for their long-awaited renovation at an invitation- only event.
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti joined Taubman Centers, Inc.’s Robert and William Taubman for the presentation of the iconic locations re-imagined plans. Renowned architect Massimiliano Fuksas was also in attendance to introduce his designs, and celebrity chef Michael Mina will share the future of dining at the new Beverly Center.
- Jaime King wore a Wolford sweater under a red Tory Burch jumpsuit with a Roger Vivier shoes, a Celine bracelet and Vita Fede earrings. Jaime shared her excitement over the new living wall feature that will be a part of Beverly Center’s exterior due to her love of nature.
- Jack Falahee shared that Beverly Center holds a special place in his memory as it’s the first place he got recognized after How To Get Away With Murder debuted, while he was shopping for underwear at Uniqlo!
- Taubman Centers, Inc.’s Chairman and CEO Robert Taumban, Taubman Center’s Inc.’s Chief Operating Officer William Taubman and Architect Massimiliano Fuksas presented the renderings depicting the future of Beverly Center during a short presentation.
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said of the renovation, “Tonight is one of those hinges in history when we re-imagine a city and I want to thank Bobby and Billy [Taubman] for the faith they have in this town.”
- Additional attendees included DJ Michelle Pesce who entertained guests during the after-party, as well as Niki Koss (Famous in Love), Violett Beane (The Flash) and influential LA bloggers including author Katherine Schwarzenegger (@katherineschwarzenegger), Eugenie Grey (@feralcreature), Sonya Esman (@classisinternal), Jenny Bernheim (@margoandme), and Jessi Malay (@jessimalay).